Saturday, August 26, 2006

2 Practice Pieces




I've been perusing some cool books I checked out from the library this past week in researching a project that might be in the works, and decided to post a couple of the practice pieces I did tonight. These are images I've drawn and painted from the beautiful photos in one of the library books. Doing practice art gets me inspired to really dive into a project.

More specifics about what I'm (possibly?) working on if anything starts to really happen...

Thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

Alex S said...

Its weird because you didn't know me back when Laini and I were in college but that second bottom photo looks SO much like me back then its totally freaky. I use to wear a big feathered hat like that but made of peacock feathers, mixed in with ostrich ones too, big marshmallows on toothpicks sticking out of each side of my nose, armbands just like the ones you've depicted here!, and no shirt, only a vast array of tattoos like the guy on Prison Break. Wow, this drawing brings back so many memories for me. I am going to go look up all my old bows and arrows down in the basement. And what luck, I see a bunch of animals carousing around the trash can this very moment in the driveway. ! Seriously, fantastic drawings- can't wait to see more! (don't blame me for this ridiculous comment. The Mr. T keychain has ruined any morsel left of maturity I previously was clinging onto.)

Laini Taylor said...

Love these! Can't wait to see more. Hope the thing you're (we're) sort of maybe working on will pan out!

Claudia said...

I can´t believe anyone can draw like that! Amazing!

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Alexandra: Um. Yeah...

Laini: Thanks Sweetie! I hope so too!

Chest...: Wow! Thanks SO much for the kind words! MUCH appreciated.