Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Book sketch and J.I.G.T.R.T.D.H.F.


This was the drawing I did in the inside front cover of an ARC of Laini's upcoming DREAMDARK novel "Silksinger" for the winner of the online benefit auction for our friend Bridget Zinn. The organizers of this particular event have done amazing work in helping Bridget with her medical costs. What awesome people to have organized something like that. I'm humbled to have been able to help even just a little.

And lastly, today is the last day before "J.I.G.T.R.T.D.H.F." (or, more long-windedly: "Jim is going to refinish the downstairs hardwood floors"). I'll try to remember to take some pics as it all happens. Wish me luck internet!

3 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I have it on good authority that the recipients of this artwork are thrilled by it.

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Hey thanks Martha! I'm so happy that you and yours liked it! We were so honored to be able to take part in the event and thrilled that someone so excited by the book got it! :) I hope the book and the drawing are thoroughly enjoyed!

Richard Jesse Watson said...

Great detailing on the wings, Jim. Good luck on your floors. Susi and I just started reading the first Dreamdark book aloud to each other. Yowzer, what a great book! And your imagery is so cool.