Thursday, July 30, 2009

Old piece new again


I just bought a SCSI to Firewire adapter for my OOOOoooooOOOOOooold (but large-format & awesome!) scanner so I could at last get rid of my even OLDER blue & white G3 Mac and hook the scanner directly to my newer-ish computer. The whole hook-up not only worked, but it was about 10 thousand time easier than I thought it would be. It was just a matter of connecting the two with the Firewire cable, installing VueScan software that I bought on their site and POW!. Should have done it years ago!

Anyhow, to test-scan something I grabbed an old oil painting that I did for THE DROWNED years ago and scanned in a portion of it. It was a piece that I liked certain parts of, but never got it to look just right. I was looking at it earlier and started messing with it in Photoshop over coffee this morning and like it a bit more now. It's still NOT fit for publication in this state or anything, but I do like it enough to slap it up here.

Lastly, today should be the final day of our 100+ degree heat wave -- relief is in sight!

2 comments:

BJW said...

sorry to post so late, but what a powerful image. Whew. Excellent Jim.



my word verification below is garophi. Good word garophi, kinda rolls off the tongue.

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Thanks Ben! (Ooh, and the comment I just left on your blog had the word verification of "strackla" -- another cool one!)