Friday, November 03, 2006

Illustration Friday: "Smoke"



I haven't put up any art to participate in "Illustration Friday" for quite a while but a cropping from an oooold piece of mine just fit too well NOT to participate.

I should have 3 new pieces done by the middle of next week and then a fairly big update on my website will follow.

We saw "The Prestige" this past week. VERY good movie by a truly amazing cast (and the writer/director is awesome too!). I ended up being kind of a butthead though, as I guessed a couple of the twists about halfway through the movie and instead of keeping them to myself I whispered them to Laini (-- I couldn't help it though! I was like "A-HA! I've GOT it!") Anyhow, she was WAY more forgiving of my spoiler than I would have been (see previous post about how much I hate spoilers! :) Everyone should go out and see the movie if you haven't (in my humble opinion).

Jim

12 comments:

Aloquin said...

Very nice.

adi said...

Beautiful work.

I like the way the articles on the table are almost detail-less... it's a great contract to the rich, dark background and the other ink work.

I'm a fan!

Alexandra S said...

That was very spoily of you and if I were Laini I'd be honkin, steamy mad as a jiggyjot at you.

claudine hellmuth said...

wow amazing work!

Jeannette said...

great drawing. i like the hands and his eyebrow attitude.

Detlef said...

great illustration, nice line work

durianhead said...

Beautiful composition and great control of the tonal washes! Thanks for welcoming me to blogger:)

potatomamma said...

That's great, I like it! Strong mood =)

bobdylan8 said...

Great drawing, you did an excellent job on this.

Roy Blumenthal said...

Wow! The angle and perspective are just delightful. It's like there's a camera pushing into this guy's face, and he's kinda flinching back, but also defiant. Very cool.

And your washes are out of this world. Wow. Wish I could illustrate like this!

Blue skies
love
Roy

PS: Here's my take on 'Smoke'.

Michele Melcher Illustration said...

Really nice drawing

Fancy World said...

OMG - wonderful composition, wonderful blog!